piątek, 11 listopada 2011

Bret Easton Ellis „American Psycho”, „The Rules of Attraction”, „Less Then Zero”

Ellis Bret Easton; American Psycho;
Maggots already writhe, across the human sausage, the drool pouring from my lips dribbles over them, and still I cant tell if I'm cooking any of this correctly, because I'm crying too hard and I have never really cooked anything before.

Ellis Bret Easton; American Psycho;
The smell of meat and blood clouds up the condo until I don’t notice it anymore. And later my macabre joy sours and I'm weeping for myself, unable to find solace in any of this, crying out, sobbing: "I just want to be loved", cursing the earth and everything I have been taught principles, distinctions, choices, morals, compromises, knowledge, unity, prayer – all of it was wrong, without any final purpose. All it came down to was: die or adapt. I imagine my own vacant face the disembodied voice coming from its mouth: "These are terrible times."

* * *
Ellis Bret Easton; The Rules Of Attraction;
Junkies are pathetic enough but rich junkies are even worse. Even worse than girls.

Ellis Bret Easton; The Rules Of Attraction;
No-one will ever know anyone. We just have to deal with each other. You're not even gonna KNOW me.




* * *
Ellis Bret Easton; Less Than Zero;
And I remember that at that time I started collecting all these newspaper clippings; one about some twelve-year-old kid who accidentally shot his brother in Chino, another about a guy in Indio who nailed his kid to a wall, or a door, I can't remember, and then shot him, point-blank in the face, and one about a fire at a home for eldery that killed twenty, and one about a housewife who, while driving her children home from school flew off this eighty-foot embankment near San Diego, instantly killing herself and the three kids, and one about a man who calmly and purposefully ran over his ex-wife somewhere near Reno, paralazying her below the neck. I collected a lot of clippings during that time, because I guess, there were a lot to be collected.

Ellis Bret Easton; Less Than Zero;
And later when we got into the car, he took a turn down a street that I was pretty sure was a dead end.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"I don't know," he said. „Just driving."
"But this road doesn't go anywhere," I told him.
"That doesn't matter."
"What does?" I asked after a little while.
"Just that we're on it, dude," he said.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz